One of the most critical lessons a recovering addict learns during rehab is that recovery is an ongoing process. You remain in this state for the rest of your natural life. Staying on the path of sobriety, especially after completing a program, takes a lot of care and understanding. The importance of support from an alumni program cannot be overstated at an addiction treatment center in Colorado.
What is an Alumni Program?
Alumni programs in Fort Collins, CO are a form of aftercare for clients seeking help in staying sober once they leave rehab. These alumni groups consist of people who attended the same addiction treatment program. Therefore, they understand the struggles of new individuals leaving an addiction treatment program.
An alumni program is an essential step for clients. They learn skills necessary to living a sober life following their treatment. Our program encourages participants to volunteer in the greater community, continue their education in different ways, and find a sense of purpose in helping others new to the recovery process.
Why are Alumni Programs Important?
Clients come to appreciate the importance of our alumni program in CO. It is essential in reinforcing sobriety and building a sense of community outside the more rigid structure of our addiction treatment programs.
People new to recovery often feel a sense of disconnection. They find it difficult to figure out where they fit in, especially if staying sober involves leaving toxic individuals behind. The importance of an alumni program is that you receive encouragement to stay away from situations that could lead you back into old destructive patterns. You learn to use various relapse prevention skills, such as:
- Managing anxiety and learning to stay calm in stressful situations
- Teaching you the social skills needed to meet and interact with new people
- Staying in touch with your feelings and avoiding negative thoughts
- Handling daily triggers by using problem-solving skills
Alumni programs give you the opportunity to practice what you learn in a safe environment. They keep you on an even keel and allow you to navigate the real world with more confidence in your ability to stay sober. Because recovery is an ongoing process, alumni programs help those in recovery maintain sobriety.
What is a Typical Alumni Program Like?
The typical alumni program encourages people to attend weekly meetings. There, they discuss their experiences and get the perspective of others who have walked in their shoes. Having an outlet to express frustrations or receive congratulations for positive steps is the reason behind the importance of an alumni program.
AspenRidge Recovery Centers’ alumni program provides an alumni coordinator who keeps you focused on recovery while making things fun and engaging. You get a better understanding of the importance of our alumni program in CO once you take part in some of the following programs, events, and activities.
- Alumni BBQs and dinners each month
- Monthly events involving activities like camp-outs and hiking
- Organizing participation in community volunteer programs that connect current clients with alumni and non-profits as a way of giving back
- Giving clients follow-up support after completing a treatment program
- The chance to see alumni panels from those looking to share their stories with those newly in recovery
- Access to a 24-hour alumni support line
You must complete your treatment program before taking part in the alumni program. AspenRidge Recovery Centers provides a variety of options for those looking to break addictive patterns, including:
- Day Partial Hospitalization (Day Program)
- Day Intensive Outpatient Program (5-Day IOP)
- AspenRidge AspenRidge Virtual Care Online 5-Day IOP
- 5-Day IOP for Professionals and Working Adults
- Outpatient Program
- Alumni & Aftercare Program
Returning to daily life as a sober individual can be a daunting challenge. That is why we stress the importance of an alumni program in keeping you on the right path. You do not have to go through the struggle alone. We encourage clients to take advantage of the benefits offered by our alumni program.
Get Help at AspenRidge Recovery Centers
If the idea of having support after treatment inspires you, get started by contacting AspenRidge Recovery Centers at (855) 281-5588. Once you complete your program, our aftercare services help you continue living the life you deserve. Learn about the importance of the alumni program in keeping you healthy and motivated to stay clean.